OONA GWELLOC"H




Le sable pour sortilège



« Travailler le sable , c’est sculpter à l’envers, c’est “ressouder” les grains entre eux , et modeler la pierre. Ce n’est pas creuser, mais construire un nouveau volume, dans toute sa fragilité. » Ainsi Oona gwelloc’h évoque t’elle son plaisir à minutieusement, doucement, bouleverser la nature. Sans jamais, bien sûr, lui manquer de respect.

Le sable, donc: L’artiste le colore, pigments en poudre minérale, ou végétale, qui soudain font corps et âme avec les grains, alliance chaude, mate, d’une inégalable profondeur, plongée ensorcelante d’une nature vers une autre, comme une évocation des cycles de transformation, après la Vie , la mort, et de nouveau la vie.

Entre peinture et sculpture, ensuite, il s’agit de travailler la matière en fines couches successives, mille feuilles instinctivement composé, au fil d’un geste inlassablement répété, mouvement méditatif grâce auquel atteindre une dimension inédite, de l’infiniment petit -le grain- à l’infiniment grand - le cosmos- de l’hier au toujours, de la réalité à l’intemporel.

Empreints de thèmes symboliques ou mythologiques, Les « sablés » d’ Oona gwelloc’h racontent tous une histoire d’outre-monde, fossiles d’art qui disent l’au-delà. Un au-delà serein, d’emblée inscrit dans l’éternité.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cosmic tree Talisman - Protection .



There is something to say about making Talisman, it is for me a particular vibration, very different that making a wand or a staff , I cannot really explain but it is "demanding" of a particular energy. The intent is " protection for the one who journey" .


This Talisman is made of Ash, and is about 4 inches long ( 10 cm) , 1 1/2 inch large ( 4 cm) . Finish bee wax, linseed oil, Rosemary essential oil and dark brown pigment.

Little cosmic tree talisman had find his soul friend , it is with great joy that he is flying away from me , with the right and loving energy ! Blessing on both of them .

A word from cosmic tree special friend :

Tuilleach


Last year I travelled around Brittany for a few days and afterwards searched the web for more information about the places I had seen. This is how I came over Oonagh's blog, purely by "chance"! Her work enchanted me and I came back afterwards every now and again to see if she had published more woodcraft.
Beginning of March, I saw the photos of a talisman with the carving of the Cosmic Tree and was intrigued. Yggdrasil has spoken to me many times in my meditations and I had sometimes thought of getting jewelry with his image but somehow it was never right… When I saw Oonagh's carving, I new that this was "it"! We discussed a little via email and soon Cosmic Tree had found his way to me. From the moment I had seen the photograph to the day I met him, I had known that this tree was special and that somehow our paths were linked. Oonagh had specified that he had protective powers and the day he arrived, my husband had a bad accident and escaped with just a few bruises. To me, this was a sign that indeed Tree belonged to us.
Slowly we are now getting to know each other. I wear him on a leather band around my neck, over my heart chakra, and often in the mornings I take special time to connect with him in spirit and talk. We both felt a little shy in the beginning but that feeling passed quickly. So I learned that his name is "Tuilleach", a reference to the sidhe, the "Fire People". I also saw in my mind the tree he came from and got impressions of the place he used to live in. Over these last ten days, Tuilleach has become a close friend who is guiding me on a path into discovering the world of animism and the Otherworld. It feels like we were destined to meet and walk this part of our paths together. There is a whole new world out there that I am eager to meet and Tuilleach is part of that world. I am grateful to Oonagh for the work she is doing and the way she is listening to the powers that guide her. I am grateful that Tuilleach and I have met and I am curious to see where this path is leading us.

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful, Oonagh! Are you selling these items, especially the talisman? I would be interested...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heike , thank you so much for your comment and appreciation ! :)
    Yes, all these items are for sale , please contact me at : oonagh.ur(at)gmail.com
    I was going to put some prices on the items presented here , but since I just started I'm not really sure how to ! Feel free to contact me ! :) Many blessings and thanks again for your interest !
    oonagh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just found your wood carving blog - they're beautiful... I particularly like this one - fascinating words from its new owner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your words and appreciation ! :)

    ReplyDelete