OONA GWELLOC"H




Le sable pour sortilège



« Travailler le sable , c’est sculpter à l’envers, c’est “ressouder” les grains entre eux , et modeler la pierre. Ce n’est pas creuser, mais construire un nouveau volume, dans toute sa fragilité. » Ainsi Oona gwelloc’h évoque t’elle son plaisir à minutieusement, doucement, bouleverser la nature. Sans jamais, bien sûr, lui manquer de respect.

Le sable, donc: L’artiste le colore, pigments en poudre minérale, ou végétale, qui soudain font corps et âme avec les grains, alliance chaude, mate, d’une inégalable profondeur, plongée ensorcelante d’une nature vers une autre, comme une évocation des cycles de transformation, après la Vie , la mort, et de nouveau la vie.

Entre peinture et sculpture, ensuite, il s’agit de travailler la matière en fines couches successives, mille feuilles instinctivement composé, au fil d’un geste inlassablement répété, mouvement méditatif grâce auquel atteindre une dimension inédite, de l’infiniment petit -le grain- à l’infiniment grand - le cosmos- de l’hier au toujours, de la réalité à l’intemporel.

Empreints de thèmes symboliques ou mythologiques, Les « sablés » d’ Oona gwelloc’h racontent tous une histoire d’outre-monde, fossiles d’art qui disent l’au-delà. Un au-delà serein, d’emblée inscrit dans l’éternité.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Turning

As usual I woke up really early this morning , I normally open the door right away and walk a little around the house, with my two dogs, to feel the weather and the smell of my day coming.
This morning I smell Fall in the colder wind! The pale blue coming up in the sky, before the Sun comes out , was pure but of a cool colour, also.  Here we are the Old One is coming once more, She is still far away but I can smell Her!


 I enjoyed tremendously this Summer , I stand under the Sky and Sun many days, doing some summer work , but also enjoying the company of our little tribe of friends here. Festive at times , sharing food and laughing , maybe drinking a bit more than usual , but here in Brittany it is part of what we do , we are joyful and happy drinkers mainly!  You know, that barbarian way of us !! lol ... Some say that it's a tale, but maybe not?!  ;)

However the wheel is turning , and I'm ready for a change. The studio also smells different this morning, I put up fabrics and materials out for clothing making. Soon, I'll be sitting at my work bench for hours, I will be in need of an other layer on my body as the mornings now are getting cold.

 The wood carving projects are prepared, one is sitting right next to me, ready for shaping. I have in writing all the ideas , inspirations that the summer brought. I have lots of work to do now.


It is always delicate to talk about work undone , even if they already exist in my head , and their energies are born, the making brings always the magic in the project , as the spider builds a web, sometimes hard physical work, or difficulties ...  anyway a learning curve! It is impossible to know what it will really be. I feel then , that the object is fully alive already and it has a soul on its very own, that will drive my hands, my soul to what it wants to be , how it wants to look and feel.
but that too, it is maybe a tale , or maybe not !? ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment