OONA GWELLOC"H




Le sable pour sortilège



« Travailler le sable , c’est sculpter à l’envers, c’est “ressouder” les grains entre eux , et modeler la pierre. Ce n’est pas creuser, mais construire un nouveau volume, dans toute sa fragilité. » Ainsi Oona gwelloc’h évoque t’elle son plaisir à minutieusement, doucement, bouleverser la nature. Sans jamais, bien sûr, lui manquer de respect.

Le sable, donc: L’artiste le colore, pigments en poudre minérale, ou végétale, qui soudain font corps et âme avec les grains, alliance chaude, mate, d’une inégalable profondeur, plongée ensorcelante d’une nature vers une autre, comme une évocation des cycles de transformation, après la Vie , la mort, et de nouveau la vie.

Entre peinture et sculpture, ensuite, il s’agit de travailler la matière en fines couches successives, mille feuilles instinctivement composé, au fil d’un geste inlassablement répété, mouvement méditatif grâce auquel atteindre une dimension inédite, de l’infiniment petit -le grain- à l’infiniment grand - le cosmos- de l’hier au toujours, de la réalité à l’intemporel.

Empreints de thèmes symboliques ou mythologiques, Les « sablés » d’ Oona gwelloc’h racontent tous une histoire d’outre-monde, fossiles d’art qui disent l’au-delà. Un au-delà serein, d’emblée inscrit dans l’éternité.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sand Painting and exhibition in Morlaix , Brittany.


here I come with my new work . 
Some of you might think that I'm running from the wood work , and I must say I went on a little journey with Sand painting these last few months . 
Working with the Sand from the shores I walked , here at Home . 

There is a similarity in between sand work and wood sculpting , it's texture , low reliefs . 
hope the pics will give an idea , you who are far , but if you can , come see and touch . 





here is the poster of the exhibition still going on, and will stay a little longer than planed , until the 20th of October . 

here is the original painting that was used for the Poster. 

the liquid part of the mix I use , is my secret to keep !


                                      Here on the exhibition spot , at Cafe Tempo in Morlaix .























Close up during the making .... 


Working with allies .... 

                                                                      Patience ...

Herbal tea break ...
 

My inspiration comes from the Ancestors. traces of the past wisdom and art. These symbols are a language of vibration to my soul , and a very personal reinterpretation.  I really can't explain what I do , I just "need " to do it , I hope that some others can feel a little of what I feel when I paint this , this way ....

Feel free to ask questions , leave a comment , I'll try my best to answer , happy to discover what this work can do to others . :)

I'll be back soon for more about this past 5 months work and what comes of it .

5 comments:

  1. I hope your exhibition is a great success.
    I understand about the 'need' to do your work - it is the same for me, I can't not do it.
    For me your paintings are symbols that reconnect us to the past and to natures' cycles and can help us view the present in a fresh way and I love the fact that you use natural materials.
    It would be interesting to sit in candle light with one of your pieces and see what came into my mid's eye. Hope this makes sense :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - meant mind's eye of course

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for your comment Jane , it's with great pleasure that I red it ! :) your perception is very much like what "I" wanted to humbly say with them all , I say "I" like this because I'm not appropriating these ancient symbols , they are all belong to humanity Itself, and I think we all know them in a way or an other. The act of sand painting , or woodcarving is how I honour them and the ancestors, I truly believe their have values and healing effect to our souls . They are simply a language of the spirit to me , maybe abstract for some , but still touching soul matters in so many of us, and without a word. :) thank you for stopping by , I appreciated to read your thoughts , candle lights works wonders around them , with a dance of shadows !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oonagh I think we are of a like mind - I agree with with you completely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) thanks again ! many blessings ! :)

    ReplyDelete